[gambit-list] Gambit on Android

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Mar 12 15:58:33 EDT 2012

On 2012-03-12, at 3:36 PM, Keith Flower wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> Sorry for my delay - we had talked about merging the iOS/Android source a few months ago. As you say, this may be a good time to do it as I bring the Android version up to match the latest iOS version. I appear to be just about there.
>
> The changes I make in Gambit code are restricted to the files
>
> 	program.scm
> 	intf.scm
>
> and are actually pretty minimal.
>
> I'll take a look at Sencha's toolkit - I take it that it is HTML5-based.

Yes.

> I followed the work you guys did on the health hackathon - congratulations, very interesting stuff.

Unfortunately I can't take any credit for it...  because in the end I decided not to participate (I spent the time working on other aspects of Gambit with my team, Guillaume Cartier and Eric Thivierge).

The project which was built with Gambit on iOS is the "Medical Hot or Not" project (http://projects.hackinghealth.ca/) which François Magnan mentionned on this list some time ago.

> I'm a physician in the SF Bay area and occasionally muse about some robust software support for healthcare and research:
>
> http://apps.keithflower.org/?p=238
> http://apps.keithflower.org/?p=265
> http://apps.keithflower.org/?p=361

Neat.

> I'll make time to get this new version of Android for Gambit out the door, and structure the source so it's as painless as possible to merge. I'd be glad to get it into your git repo.

OK, I'll figure out how to give you access and get back to you ASAP.