[gambit-list] gsc doesn't build with vs2008.bat

Cristian Baboi cristian.baboi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:56:17 EDT 2012

În data de Sat, 16 Jun 2012 19:03:00 +0300, Mikael <mikael.rcv at gmail.com>
a scris:

> To the best of my experience, calling the vcvars bat file prior to
> getting
> into Gambit (or at least, prior to any Visual C compiler executable
> invocation) is vital to Gambit C file compilation success when using VC,
> as
> well as for the compilation of pretty much any other C file too btw.

I was compiling from a command prompt that already had vcvars called.

> Why do you use misc/vs2008.bat, doesn't the Gambit-VC binary distro use
> CL
> appropriately in gambc-cc.bat as used by |compile-file| already?

I was trying to compile gsi & gsc, not some scheme source.

> (As of currently I'm unaware of what misc/vs2008.bat is for, if you are
> please feel free to share.)

It's for compiling gambit-c with visual studio.

Trying misc\vc2008.bat from a x64 Win64 VS2010 command prompt gives 64 bit
gsi.exe & gsc.exe
Unfortunatelly,unlike 32 bit versions, they crash on launch.