[gambit-list] gsc doesn't build with vs2008.bat

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:03:00 EDT 2012

To the best of my experience, calling the vcvars bat file prior to getting
into Gambit (or at least, prior to any Visual C compiler executable
invocation) is vital to Gambit C file compilation success when using VC, as
well as for the compilation of pretty much any other C file too btw.

Why do you use misc/vs2008.bat, doesn't the Gambit-VC binary distro use CL
appropriately in gambc-cc.bat as used by |compile-file| already?

(As of currently I'm unaware of what misc/vs2008.bat is for, if you are
please feel free to share.)

Generally the Mingw Gambit distro gives you a smoother experience, if it's
good for your needs (which it ought to, I suppose), you can consider it.