[gambit-list] ___setup memory corruption(?) on iPhone

Shihpin Tseng deftsp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:18:10 EDT 2012

on Lion 10.7.4

first I install gcc-4.7 with brew then

  % curl http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.6/source/gambc-v4_6_6.tgz > gambc-v4_6_6.tgz
  % tar zxf gambc-v4_6_6.tgz
  % cd gambc-v4_6_6
  % CC=g++-4.7 ./configure ---enable-single-host
  % make -j 3
  % make install

;; --------------
  on SL 10.6.8/ Xcode 4.0.2
  % curl http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.6/source/gambc-v4_6_6.tgz > gambc-v4_6_6.tgz
  % tar zxf gambc-v4_6_6.tgz
  % cd gambc-v4_6_6
  # I have changed the build-gambit-IOS shell-script, replace gcc with g++.  to get a libgambc.a which can be linked with C++ project
  # notice : if using g++ , GambitREPL.xcodeproj can not build correctly. but libgambic.a is ok.
  % cd contrib/GambitREPL
  % make ios   ### this will recompile the Gambit runtime for the iPhone (real device and simulator)

You'll find the libgambc.a  in  GambitREPL/gambit-iOS/current/lib.

Here is my libgambic.a  (compiled with g++)and gambit.h.  http://goo.gl/HfxLT