[gambit-list] PICOBIT and continuation-next?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Tue Feb 21 07:17:21 EST 2012

So, I was looking at the PICOBIT papers.  I noted that the
representation of continuations has a "parent" field.  Presumably this
is to allow something like "continuation-next" from the Better API for
First Class Continuations paper.

However, I don't see any corresponding virtual machine instructions to
manipulate continuations.

At that point, I presumed that some form of CPS conversion was going on
that was wiping out continuations, so I looked at the 90 Minute Scheme
to C compiler stuff.  Unfortunately, I don't see how to get
"continuation-next" in the context of purely CPS conversion.

Anybody have suggestions as to what I am missing and where to look?

Obviously, I can look through the full PICOBIT source, but doing so
without some landmarks is suboptimal.

Thanks,
-a