[gambit-list] Performance of different versions of gcc

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Sun Apr 29 12:04:00 EDT 2012

On Apr 28, 2012, at 10:42 PM, Marc Feeley wrote:

> To measure the performance of the resulting system, I have executed the gsi interpreter on a moderately complex program (tests/mix.scm).

Marc:

On my mac, the interpreted and compiled times for mix.scm are

2.430334 secs elapsed cpu time

and

.391602 secs elapsed cpu time

respectively.  I can't help but think that this test measures the speed of a relatively small amount of code in _eval.scm and the trampoline, as this seems to be over 80% of the run time.

Brad