[gambit-list] Cannot Compile black hole

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:00:59 EDT 2012

High RAM use is not BH-specific, some GCC versions hog enormous amounts of
memory (75GB etc.) for simple-enough Gambit files, ensure you have the
right version, this was discussed in a previous ml post.

Note that BH's git repo are in two branches, the legacy branch which is the
non-syntactictower version - this version has been tested over a big amount
of time and found to work great and is probably stabler than the
syntactictower version (below), though has approx two issues in macro
expansion that you need to keep in the back of your head while working wtih
it - and the master branch which is the the 'syntactictower' version, its
macro expansion ought to be clean and it has a package handling mechanism,
though is not so tested.

The non-syntactictower version requires one instance of the module while
the syntactictower version internally makes four per module.

Kind regards,
Mikael