[gambit-list] Full coding environment for iOS, on an iPad

Joe Doyle Ardent gambit at ardent.nebcorp.com
Thu Oct 27 16:44:17 EDT 2011

	Although I'm not an Apple fan, I can't help but be impressed by
this:

http://createdigitalmotion.com/2011/10/codify-elegant-creative-coding-directly-on-the-ipad-no-computer-needed/

What makes it so great is that it takes advantage of the platform itself
to help with coding.  You want a sprite?  Type in the sprite-invoking
method ("sprit()"), then *touch the code on the screen of your iPad* and
a graphical chooser pops up to let you choose which sprite to invoke.

	I'm presuming that you can't share the code you write on your
tablet with other users (one of the reasons I don't like Apple), but the
fact that this programming app is allowed seems like it would make a
Gambit environment feasible (sorry if that is old news).  Of course,
this is way more than a Lua-based dev environment, so it's not like
you could just bundle an editor and Gambit for the tablet and have this.

	But still, it's cool.

-Joe