[gambit-list] How to ue a module?

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Thu Oct 13 22:03:17 EDT 2011

I just made bootstrap from the 4.6.1 development sources, which I
downloaded using git.

When I start gsi and, according to the section "Subdivide code into
modules" in the tour of Scheme in Gambit, I use "use" it tells me

hendrik at notlookedfor:~/dv/lang/gambit/gambit$ gsi/gsi
Gambit v4.6.1

> (use ssax-sxml)
*** ERROR IN (console)@1.2 -- Unbound variable: use
1>

So evidently something is still missing, unconfigured, unbuilt, or
whatever.  It doesn't even get around to looking for the library -- which
is another question: how does it find the libraries, assuming it gets
that far.  And if the X module system is itself a module, how do I
bootstrap it into the system?

Or should I be using an entirely different mechanism?

-- hendrik