[gambit-list] The two package systems

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 03:13:35 EST 2011

Fundamentally Black Hole is a tool for incremental dev (ensures import of
all dependencies is up to date on import etc.), with a limited set of
package handling features (through "module resolvers" - the one by the name
"std", and in the Syntactic tower version named "srfi", are bundled - and
ability to use HTTP URL as package name; can easily-enough be extended to a
full-blown package handling tool by the one who so wishes), while Snow is a
package handling tool (i.e. mechanism for you to get a library package
created by someone else).

Re Snow, its packages can easily be converted to Black Hole modules. If I
remember right, it had some cross-Scheme implementation ambitions to it, as
seen through cond-expand:s in its packages.