[gambit-list] GC-related questions

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jun 6 09:11:31 EDT 2011

On 2011-06-06, at 8:17 AM, Mikael More wrote:

> Maybe it could be some kind of sallad in the use of gambit.h, such that the new install tries to re-use the gambit.h of my 4.5.1 install? Funny though that this error does not happen when lib/os.h is unmodified.

The error is simpler than that...  In lib/os_base.c there is some extra code in the initialization of ___base_mod that shouldn't be there:

___base_module ___base_mod =
{
  0

#ifdef ___DEBUG
  ,
  0,
  0,
  0
#ifdef ___DEBUG_ALLOC_MEM_TRACE
  ,
  0,
  0
#endif
#endif

#ifdef ___BASE_MODULE_INIT
  ___BASE_MODULE_INIT
#endif
};

Just remove the

#ifdef ___DEBUG_ALLOC_MEM_TRACE
  ,
  0,
  0
#endif

I guess the C++ compiler is a bit more finicky than the C compiler (which does not mind having more fields than the definition of the ___base_module structure in lib/os_base.h).