[gambit-list] x86 back end

Jeff Read bitwize at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:17:42 EST 2011

Yes, but only barely. :)

Totally stoked about running my music synth on an x86 backend that compiles
to memory. Dare we dream of saveable heap images?
On Jan 28, 2011 11:05 AM, "Marc Feeley" <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> On 2011-01-27, at 2:42 AM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

>>> The back-end includes an assembler which can output the machine code to
a byte vector or a file. In the tests I have done the code was generated
into memory and executed without accessing the filesystem.

>> Great! That's what I was hoping for. I've been tinkering with some
>> similar stuff, but without using a nice language to write the code
>> generator in (I used C/C++) and was just realising I needed a better
>> notation for expressing the code generation patterns -- A better
>> notation such as that available in Scheme. I was trying to be
>> source-language-agnostic.
>>
>> Any chance I could have a look at your code, and possibly repurpose it?
>
> I'm currently doing a major refactoring of the code, so this is a bad
moment to share the code with you. Can you wait a few weeks?