[gambit-list] getting up and running with swank-gambit

Matthew Koichi Grimes mkg at cs.nyu.edu
Sun Feb 6 12:38:29 EST 2011

I tried downloading what seemed to be the latest version of swank-gambit at:

https://github.com/shortsightedsid/swank-gambit

Being a total lisp, scheme, and SLIME newbie, I'm having trouble getting off
the ground with this. The swank-gambit README file reads:

"Run swank-gambit.scm from the command line, and then type `M-x
slime-connect ENT ENT ENT` to get a SLIME prompt."

I tried running "gsi swank-gambit.scm" from a shell, but it just hangs, with
no visible output. I suspect I'm grossly misunderstanding the instructions.
Any help would be much appreciated.

-- Matt