[gambit-list] UNS: Re: Deadlock when using net/http-client

Tim Lavoie tim at fractaldragon.net
Tue Nov 30 23:26:17 EST 2010

Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> It is hard for me to analyze this problem with so little information.
> Deadlock problems are often hard to debug because they are caused by a
> combination of factors.
>
> Is this a multithreaded program?  Are you trying to contact the server
> from the same Scheme thread?  Are the client and the server in the
> same OS process?
>
> From your backtrace it seems that the current-thread is trying to lock
> a mutex that is already locked (perhaps by the same thread), and no
> other thread is currently executable.  Please check your program
> logic.

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply, and sorry for not adding more detail.

Rather than trying anything fancy, I was actually just noodling around
in the bsc REPL, e.g.:

(import (std net/http-client))
(http-get-url "http://localhost:5000/")

Gambit version is 4.6.0, with blackhole-libs downloaded on October 24th.
The system is Linux 2.6.32, running on a single-core AMD64 (686 kernel
though, 32-bit mode).

  Tim