[gambit-list] gambit-c and black-home module system - how to produce stand alone executable?

Vladimir Konrad v.konrad at lse.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 08:44:00 EST 2010

Hello,

I am using gambit-c v4.6.0 and the latest black-hole (including std libraries) from git
(as described on the gambit-c web site).

In the gsc interpreter, all seems fine and I can load black-hole and import installed
std libraries, while using the repl.

The "my-program.scm", does _not_ load the black hole (AFAIK, I am supposed to do from command line, using -e),
and it does only following import (before any functions from std are used):

(import (std srfi/13 srfi/95))

The all of std are compiled to .o1 files (as described in the black-hole guide)

One thing I cannot figure out - how do I produce stand alone, compiled, executable when
using black-hole modules?

So far, I tried (gsc-gambit is gambit-c compiler executable name):

gsc-gambit -exe -e '(load "~~/lib/modules/build")' my-program.scm

the above compiles, but when run, the my-program does not have functions from

gsc-gambit -ld-options "-rpath-link /home/vladimir/opt/gambc/lib/modules:/home/vladimir/opt/gambc/lib/modules/std/srfi build.o1 13.o1 95.o1" -exe -e '(load "~~/lib/modules/build")' my-program.scm

the above fails with "gcc unrecognised option".

I have searched the mailing list, read what I could, tried what I could think of, but now I am quite stuck...

Kind regards,

Vladimir

------

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic communications disclaimer: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/planningAndCorporatePolicy/legalandComplianceTeam/legal/disclaimer.htm