[gambit-list] [newbie] about libraries distribution

Marco Maggi marco.maggi-ipsu at poste.it
Thu Jan 28 04:37:11 EST 2010

Ciao,

  I have  some acquaintance  with R5RS, I  have successfully
compiled  a hello-world  program  with GSC,  I have  skimmed
through the "Link Files" node of Gambit's documentation.

  Can   someone   point  me   to   a  small,   non-advanced,
Gambit-only,  does-the-right-thing,  shared-library oriented
package which precompiles and installs a library for Gambit,
so  that I  can understand  what does  it mean  in  terms of
compilation commands, installation conventions, etc.?

  Also,  what's  the difference  between  a Gambit's  source
distribution and a "-devel" source distribution?  (I was not
able to find it on Gambit's site.)

TIA

P.S. I cannot make the grammar-nazi in me shut up: sometimes
in the doc, the variants  of the word "separate" are spelled
"seperate".
--
Marco Maggi