[gambit-list] Emacs pinky...

Alex Shinn alexshinn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:48:24 EDT 2009

David St-Hilaire <sthilaid at iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> I believe I've recently fallen victim to the infamous 'Emacs pinky'
> sickness (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emacs#Emacs_Pinky)... :(
>
> I made several changes to my working environment in hope to remedy the
> situation, such as swaping ctl and alt. I also am trying to learn to
> press control keys with one hand and the other combo key with the
> other thus using both controls and alt keys. I'll go check today if I
> can find an ergonomic keyboard too.
>
> Does anyone have some other ideas/tips for improving the situation?
> Using vi is my last resort option as I am really familiar with emacs
> and love it alot...

I actually broke my left pinky once snowboarding, and
afterwards really wished I had broken a leg instead.  It was
the least productive few weeks of programming I've ever had.

viper-mode helps, as does using both controls and sometimes
just hunting and pecking with both index fingers, but I
never found a really satisfying solution.

--
Alex