[gambit-list] Blackhole/Spork and content types

Per Eckerdal per.eckerdal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 04:57:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

First of all, just a warning, I have no time to maintain Spork at the
moment. I struggle to find time fixing bugs in blackhole. The API for
Spork is definitely still not yet polished. Spork embodies a couple of
imo really cool concepts which would in theory be fantastic in a real
web framework, but that's about where it is right now..

To your question: The API for this is not very well developed, but it
is there. I think that you have to use show to be able to specify
these options, like this

(add-spork mono-serv ("main.css") (show (lambda (_) main-css) [here
goes keyword arguments to the show function]))

The doctype: isn't really what you want to do, it is a somewhat hacky
way to enable the user to specify, when returning SXML, whether it
should be serialized to XML or HTML and which version. When the show
thunk returns a string, doctype: is bypassed.

It should be sufficient to just set the mime:.

Also, you might be interested in checking out file.scm in the Spork
source, it does a related thing. It is used like

(cutlery-add-spork!
  mono-serv
  (file-spork "contents" path: "static/"))

To make http://host/static/hello.css serve contents/hello.css.

/Per