[gambit-list] [Swig-devel] Gambit Scheme back-end for SWIG

William S Fulton wsf at fultondesigns.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 07:32:03 EDT 2009

Julian Scheid wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> cross-posting this because it's relevant to both parties: this is to
> let you know that I've started implementing a Gambit [1] back-end for
> SWIG.
>
> So far I have the simple example from the beginning of the tutorial
> working [2]. Of course that's only the tip of the iceberg but, getting
> there...
>
> You, both Gambit and SWIG people, will likely hear from me soon with
> some specific questions.
>
> In the meantime, if you have any thoughts, suggestions, or relevant
> pointers -- they are welcome.
>
> [1] http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
> [2] http://www.swig.org/tutorial.html

The best advice for developing a new language module is documented in
the "Extending SWIG to support new languages" chapter and the
documentation in trunk has been recently modified with info about the
test-suite, so please read this version, which is also viewable online at:
http://swig.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/swig/trunk/Doc/Manual/Extending.html

William