[gambit-list] What's in your gambc.scm file?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Oct 1 09:31:11 EDT 2009

On 1-Oct-09, at 8:24 AM, Nicola Archibald wrote:

> While we're on the subject though, I notice that ~/.gambcini.scm
> gets compiled *before* any command line parameters - thus rendering
> it 'awkward' for blackhole users, since anything defined in it has
> to explicitly put in the "~" namespace...

If I remember correctly, blackhole is "loaded" from a command line "-
e" argument.  That's not a good integration.  It would be better to
start it from the ~~lib/gambcext file, which is another customization
file that is loaded before ~/.gambcini .  Here is the relevant part of
the documentation:

There are two ways to customize the interpreter.  When the interpreter
starts off it tries to execute a @samp{(load "~~lib/gambcext")} (for an
explanation of how file names are interpreted see @ref{Host
environment}).
An error is not signaled when the file does not exist.  Interpreter
extensions and patches that are meant to apply to all users and all
modes should go in that file.