[gambit-list] Threading and TCP-SERVICE-REGISTER! (or, how to

James Long longster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:27:21 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Christian Jaeger <chrjae at gmail.com> wrote:
>> .. It still doesn't seem to work. ..
>> ..                      (thread-thread-group (current-thread)))
>
> Well, I'm not sure which thread(s) you want to see; what I was
> implicitely suggesting is create a *new* group and then give that to
> |tcp-service-register!|.  See the following; although it doesn't make
> any difference, you only don't need to filter out other threads
> anymore...

Oh, good idea.

> If your problem is that you don't see any master thread, then
> why would you want it? I'd expect it never exits (except when running
> tcp-service-unregister!), so why would you want to join it?

I'd be interested to know how it works without a master thread, but
you're right, basically I don't ever want the program to exit unless I
send it some sort of signal.  Putting a (thread-sleep! +inf.0) at the
end of the script basically does what I'm looking for.  Thanks for
hashing through my problem.

> I'm not getting duplicates from you, neither do gname nor the archive
> at umontreal show any...

Good, I won't feel like I'm littering the list then!  This didn't used
to happen, strange.

- James