[gambit-list] REPL via TCP/IP

vasil vasil.s.d at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:06:09 EDT 2009

I figured that remote repl works fine, when included in _repl.scm:
(##include "rrepl.scm")
But if it is loaded as module it does not work properly.
repl-tcp-server-start! - works fine
repl-tcp-client-start! - works fine
but
repl-within-tcp-client-start! - hangs gambit in memory eating loop
sometimes.
I Suppose that problem in infinite recursion of exception handler on
some rare deadlock moments.
Cannot figure why yet.
It is very hard to reproduce this error.

Last version have many improvements, and when compiled into gambit
works very stable, even on unexpectedly terminated connections.

Last version of rrepl is in attachment.

Marc, could you take a look at repl-within-tcp-client-start! procedure ?
May be I misunderstand REPL mechanism and threading at some points?

Vasil.