[gambit-list] calling scheme from C

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jun 15 11:21:54 EDT 2009

2009/6/16 James Long <longster at gmail.com>:
> I wouldn't want this.  It's common in Gambit for LOAD to be ambiguous,

I meant to write a question, but forgot the mark.
That's also why I added the static analysis part (as in "if you don't
know, don't do it").

*Yet*, even thoung linking too early may be bad, *compiling* ahead
might not (but then, I don't remember/know whether state involved
during macro expansion "survives" at run time and can be used when

> If Gambit ever adopts a module system, we may have enough information
> to rationalize about the modules, and this may be possible.

I should fork a new thread for that, but besides its newness [1] and
the complete lack of documentation on the wiki, are there any
drawbacks to blackhole?

P!

[1] That's a nice word I've never heard or used before today. Not
quite like "novelty", right?

--
Français, English, 日本語, 한국어