[gambit-list] compiled modulers fun

lowly coder lowlycoder at huoyanjinjing.com
Mon Jun 8 17:19:35 EDT 2009

I've recently discovered how cool gambit is in the following way:

I have some interpreted code, it's running kind of slow, so I compiled my
code, and got an automatic 5x speed up. Yay!!

Here's the problem though: foo.scm -> foo.o1, in the same directory. This is
bad for one reason -- it screws up tab completion; I can no longer do things
like:

vim fo<TAB>; since it gets stuck at "foo." ... so is there anyway to make
both compilation and load default to somethign like "foo.scm" -> _foo.o1 or
.foo.o1 ? I realize I can manually hack this, but if there was a global
default, that'd be really cool too (interpreting the path for load +
rewriting it seems a bit hacky)

Thanks!