[gambit-list] using the gsc repl non-interactively

Marijn Schouten (hkBst) hkBst at gentoo.org
Wed Jan 28 06:32:51 EST 2009

Marc Feeley wrote:

> On 27-Jan-09, at 9:48 PM, Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:

>> Hi lists,
>>
>> for building JazzScheme it is necessary to issue commands at the
>> gscrepl. For
>> packaging up JazzScheme for Gentoo I need some way to do that in a
>> bash script.
>> I'm trying to get the quit command of JazzScheme's build system to
>> work for now.
>> These don't work:
>>
>> gsc <<<"quit"
>> gsc /dev/stdin <<<"quit"
>> gsc -e '(load "kernel/build") quit'
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Use the -:d- runtime option (which forces the REPL to use stdin/stdout):
>
> % echo "(+ 1 2)" | gsc -:d- -i
> Gambit v4.4.0
>
>> 3
>>
> *** EOF again to exit
> %
>
> Marc

When doing that it seems that gambit does not load the .gambcini file anymore
that comes with Jazz. If I try to load it manually it won't work:

$ gsc -:d- -i <<<'(include ".gambcini") quit'

Gambit v4.4.0

"/var/tmp/portage/dev-scheme/jazzscheme-2.1.0/work/jazzscheme-2.1.0/kernel/build.scm"
> *** ERROR IN (stdin)@1.23 -- Unbound variable: quit
1>

*** EOF again to exit

if I just start gsc it says:

JazzScheme Build System v2.1.0 beta

%

Marijn

- --
Marijn Schouten (hkBst), Gentoo Lisp project, Gentoo ML
<http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-{lisp,ml} on FreeNode