[gambit-list] man _gambit func_

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Feb 10 09:29:13 EST 2009

On 10-Feb-09, at 9:10 AM, vasil wrote:

> I think that such things should be in specific library-extension over
> repl, but not in the repl itself.
> Repl should be as small as possible for the minimal diagnostic
> messages
> and basic debugging.
>
> May be factorize extra repl functionality over some set of libraries?
> - library for help functions
> - and so on.

Are you worried about code bloat?  This functionality actually
requires little code.  My plan is to call an external script (in
~~bin) which will do the brunt of the work.  This script has to be
generated by the configure script so that it calls up the correct
browser for the system.

Putting this functionality in a library will not reduce code by much
and it will be tedious for the user to load this library before they
can get help.  In this case the very minor code size increase is far
outweighed by convenience for the user.