[gambit-list] man _gambit func_

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Feb 10 08:44:21 EST 2009

On 10-Feb-09, at 8:31 AM, lowly coder wrote:

> so in emacs, I have c-h k, c-h f; for perl i have perl doc; for c, I
> have man pages
>
> in gambit scheme, when I want to lookup a quick descrition of what a
> function does, or look up it's source code, what's the most
> convenient way? currently I'm doing a mix of:
>
> grep "func_name" gambit-c.txt
>
> and
>
> cd ~/gambit-build-dir
>
> grep "func_name" . -R | grep "scm:"
>
> but i feel there should be a more elegant solution

Funny you should ask that now!  I am in the process of adding a "comma
command" so that ,(h X) will open a browser with the definition of X
in gambit-c.html .  By clicking on the function name in the browser
you will navigate to the page which documents X on the wiki.  Once you
are on the wiki you can add comments, examples, corrections to X's
definition.

That should be available in the next release.