[gambit-list] Problems with using both -o and -c at the commandline with v4.5.1

Cameron Hatfield kinguy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 16:26:10 EDT 2009

I've been trying for a little bit now to try to get this type of command
line working:
gsc -:d- -c -o <build directory>\<sub set build directory> ..\<some set of
paths>\main.scm > out.txt

And I end up with this error:
*** ERROR IN ##main -- string expected for output: parameter

What am I doing wrong? At least judging by the documentation, using the
flags together should be supported. I've also tried many different
permutation of the above command, just in case including:

gsc -:d- -o <build directory>\<sub set build directory> -c ..\<some set of
paths>\main.scm > out.txt

gsc -:d- -o -c <build directory>\<sub set build directory> ..\<some set of
paths>\main.scm > out.txt
gsc -:d- -c <build directory>\<sub set build directory> ..\<some set of
paths>\main.scm > out.txt

Full story:

I'm trying to get the gambit compiler working with the waf build system.
Currently using this as the arguments to the build step:
gsc -:d- -c -o ${TGT[0].bld_dir(env)} ${SRC} > out.txt

Sadly, all I get is the above error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cameron