[gambit-list] Video game written in Gambit

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Mon Aug 24 22:06:27 EDT 2009

Marc Feeley wrote:
> Today Gamerizon has released their game, QuantZ, which is almost
> entirely written in Scheme using Gambit.  Give their trial version a
> try and check the credits!
>
> http://www.gamerizon.com/
>
> http://www.gamerizon.com/gamerizon-news-and-media.html
>
> Marc

The Mac version is an .mpkg that requires my root password for a trial
version of a game?

Not to sound ungrateful, but ... "Not bloody likely!"

If they want people to try this out, it needs to be packed in a DMG that
you can mount, play in place, and dump in the trash if you don't like
it.  Just like Firefox or Thunderbird.  You know, just like every other
OS X application that doesn't come from Apple.

Yes, I know that Apple doesn't play by Apple's own rules and creates
.mpkg files that require passwords (and I hate them for it).  These guys
ain't Apple.

-a