[gambit-list] Re: Re: How to create small standalone executable with Gambit-C?

peter lo peter19852001 at yahoo.com.hk
Mon Aug 17 21:55:52 EDT 2009

Dear Brad,
    Thanks for the link, I didn't notice that. After reading those post, I feel that there is general interest in reducing executable size, yet the current solution may not be satisfactory. I really suggest some smart guy can work on this to make Gambit-C more attractive as an application programming language.
    For the time being, I think the quick solution is to use shared library. Is there anyone kind enough to write a how-to on creating and distributing small executable? I guess on Linux this is not difficult, but does this strategy work easily on Windows (which is the platform I happen to be working on, and honestly when we intend to distribute executables, we do not want to leave out users using Windows.)?

Regards,
Peter

----- 郵件原件 ----
寄件人﹕ Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>
收件人 peter lo <peter19852001 at yahoo.com.hk>
副本(CC) Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>; Adrien Piérard <pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca>; gambit-list at iro.umontreal.ca
傳送日期﹕ 2009 年 8月 17 日 星期一 下午 7:50:11
主題: Re: [gambit-list] Re:  How to create small standalone executable with  Gambit-C?

From three minutes searching the main list:

https://webmail.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/gambit-list/2008-October/002713.html

and following.

Brad