[gambit-list] How to create small standalone executable with

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Aug 17 11:27:06 EDT 2009

On 17-Aug-09, at 11:04 AM, Marc Feeley wrote:

> Also, when executing (let loop () (loop)) the ps program reveals that
> Scheme48 has a RSS of 6.4MB and Gambit has a RSS of 2.4MB.  So at
> execution time, for a small program, Scheme48 seems to take 2.5 times
> as much memory as Gambit.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I checked the RSS for the Java
"Hello World" program, and it is 11.5MB or over 4 times as much as
Gambit.  Moreover, it takes 0.015 seconds to execute the Gambit "Hello
World" program (and slightly more for Scheme48, i.e. 0.023 seconds),
and 10 times longer for the Java program.  So I think Gambit's
executable size, memory use and startup time are quite competitive
with other systems.