[gambit-list] Gambit in Emacs: REPL interaction

FFT fft1976 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 01:23:09 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Oisín<denpashogai at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/15 FFT <fft1976 at gmail.com>:

> Doing it with C-x C-e is handy since you don't lose focus from the
> Scheme file you're editing, and if you have split windows you can
> watch what happens immediately.

Yes, but the output doesn't go to the minibuffer (the 1-line buffer on
the bottom). That's what I don't like.

> The only slight problems I have, which is probably because I don't
> know much about Emacs, is that even with one running REPL onscreen,
> when an error occurs a second one sometimes pops up (only the first
> time, it seems...). Then I have one .scm file and two duplicate REPL
> windows, which is a bit... odd.

I see that too. Very annoying, because it happens all the time, and
somewhat unpredictably. All the C-X-1's and C-X-B's start to hurt my
fingers besides being distracting.

I would have thought, with Emacs being the major platform for
Scheme/Gambit usage, people would have good reliable solutions to
that.