[gambit-list] Gambit in Emacs: REPL interaction

Oisín denpashogai at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 07:34:19 EDT 2009

2009/8/15 FFT <fft1976 at gmail.com>:
> I'll try to phrase the question simpler:
>
> When you C-x C-e, where do you see the answer? Is it possible to
> redirect it to the minibuffer instead?

Not sure I understand what you want, but if I get Gambit running (M-x
run-scheme) and hit C-x C-e after an expression in a Scheme file
buffer, the expression shows up and is executed in the "Inferior
Scheme:run" window (the REPL), the same as if I had copy/pasted the
expression into it and hit return.

Doing it with C-x C-e is handy since you don't lose focus from the
Scheme file you're editing, and if you have split windows you can
watch what happens immediately.

The only slight problems I have, which is probably because I don't
know much about Emacs, is that even with one running REPL onscreen,
when an error occurs a second one sometimes pops up (only the first
time, it seems...). Then I have one .scm file and two duplicate REPL
windows, which is a bit... odd.
Also, as mentioned in another thread, hitting C-d to jump to the
enclosing REPL on my Windows box now causes Gambit to go into an
infinite loop so I have to use the ",d" command.

Oisín