[gambit-list] gambit + llvm

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Mon Sep 22 13:40:26 EDT 2008

Alex Sandro Queiroz e Silva wrote:
>      You would need every user to have a development toolchain
> (compiler, assembler, linker etc.) on every user machine.

That's a different issue. It's a question of trading a dependency on gcc
(or another C compiler) for a dependency on llvm.

(And I guess most sizable Scheme/Gambit based projects need a C compiler
anyway to compile bindings to C libraries; so it would only matter for a
target audience which *does* program in Scheme but *only* uses
precompiled binary modules for C bindings.)

Christian.