[gambit-list] DrScheme and GambitC

Derek Peschel dpeschel at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 4 13:06:59 EDT 2008

I know this is veering away from Gambit.  Maybe the URLs are useful though.

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 11:17:37AM -0400, Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> Interesting: my comment was based on an account of using a Lisp Machine
> in the UNIX-HATERS Handbook, although the author didn't mention whether
> it was Symbolics, LispM, Xerox, TI...he just said he preferred it Unix ;)

In my few serious computer-history investigations, I've found that the
primary sources are detailed and correct in a way the secondary sources
aren't.  (In the case of the MIT Lisp Machines, Dan Weinreb -- who founded
Symbolics and wrote a lot of the software -- told me in e-mail that they
never got source debugging.)

> Sweet, I'm working on getting it to run right now    ;)

You'll need to hunt around for the manuals.  The TI directrories below
are pretty complete, though they describe newer software than the CADR
runs.  And you may want to check that all the key mappings work.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/mit/cons/
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/mit/cadr/
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/lmi/
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/symbolics/
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ti/explorer/
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ti/microexplorer/

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/xerox/interlisp/

http://www.bitsavers.org/
has a list of mirror sites for the directories above.

http://www.softwarepreservation.org/projects/LISP
has links to documents about many old LISPs.

-- Derek