[gambit-list] Mercurial -> git

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Oct 8 17:02:22 EDT 2008

On 8-Oct-08, at 4:51 PM, Adrien Piérard wrote:

> I've been wondering... Would it be possible to separate the "extra"
> part from the main one?
> I mean the examples... I believe that they are quite static compared
> to the rest of the code, and thus, take some extra space in the
> tarballs (not that space is a problem, but in my opinion, they'd
> better be distinct from the compiler itself).
>
> Perhaps
> gambit-doc or gambit-examples or gambit-tools (which would contain
> gambit.el and some extra features, such as SRFI-1, and other useful
> functions (perhaps with some gambit-specific code)

That doesn't save much space (about 0.5 MB uncompressed).  Moreover I
prefer to have a self contained distributions where users can easily
try out some real examples with "make examples" rather than
downloading separately.

Marc

P.S. did you know that the benchmarks misc/bench.tgz contains a copy
of the King James Bible?  Perhaps I could remove the benchmarks... on
the other hand it is an inconspicuous way to spread the good word.