[gambit-list] Termite, IO and memory leakage

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Tue Nov 25 11:35:47 EST 2008

Nicholas Walton wrote:
> (if #t (+ j j) (begin (newline) (write ...)))
>
> Termite seems to pick up the possible I/O and crashes even if I/O is never executed. I therefore suspect a problem in the serialisation of ports but I can't be sure.

Ports can't be serialized, but Termite does port proxying (only
optionally, I think, with spawn-{output,input}-port).

Your best bet (short of someone going to debug it for you) really is
running Gambit under gdb and see where it crashes. Just run "gdb gsc"
and from there load your program as usual (assuming you're using, or
know how to use, |compile-file| and |load| for your programs), or "gdb
yourlinkedprogram" or "gdb gsi-script" or whatever. Then "run
eventualprogramarguments" then "backtrace" when it crashed.

Christian.