[gambit-list] JavaScriptScheme: too much recursion

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat May 31 09:09:04 EDT 2008

JSS uses CPS conversion and trampolines, so the call graph is (should
be?) of a small constant depth.  I don't know why you are getting a
"too much recursion error".  The only thing I can think of is that the
JavaScript code itself is too heavily nested (syntactically) and the
JavaScript interpreter/compiler overflows the compile-time stack while
parsing/compiling the code.  Does the problem occur for large files
only?  Have you tried JSS on other browsers?  I'm curious which ones
encounter the same problem.  Do you have a test case I can try?

Marc