[gambit-list] Compiling Gambit programs under Windows...

Philippos Apolinarius phi500ac at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 28 01:42:00 EDT 2008

I would like to compile Gambit programs on Windows.  I have installed a minimum gcc, that I use to compile Lisp, Maxima,  Bigloo, Stalin, and other languages that compile through C. I tried to compile Gambit programs, to no avail. Here is what I have done:

gsc test.scm

This generates the file test.o1, that I can load from the interpreter. However, I cannot use interpreted code (or large distribution files, btw) for assignments.  The nex thing I tried was...

gsc -link test.scm

This gives me test.c test_.c. The manual says that I should compile these files, but do not tell how to do it for Windows (there are examples for Mac OS-X, and Linux). I tried:

gcc -lgambc -lm test.c test_.c

I get a large number of errors, and that is all.