[gambit-list] As far as the renaming scheme goes, ...

Dimitris Vyzovitis vyzo at media.mit.edu
Tue Mar 18 10:59:43 EDT 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Arthur Smyles wrote:

> As far as the state of R6 on Gambit, it works great but the system is
> still rough. I've not only exposed Gambit's extensions as libraries, but
> I'm also able to create my own libraries, including libraries that use
> Gambit's ffi. There still plenty to do so if any of you are interested
> in hacking on it let me know. I plan on making an update to the tarball
> in a couple of days.

One of the problems I have with these systems (including the modules
produced by the orignal portable syntax-case) is that they produce mutable
bindings for module/library exported identifiers.

This kills block declarations and associated optimizations.
Ideally, the module system shouldn't expand to core scheme, but rather to
gambit's core forms.

-- vyzo