[gambit-list] Module System start up announcement

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Mon Mar 17 17:31:24 EDT 2008

Joel Borggrén-Franck wrote:
> Good luck! :)

Thanks!

> From the wiki log-page:
>
> "and have discussed why hygienic macro systems rename symbols and that
> when using namespaces in the symbols, this might be enough as "rename"
> means, thus providing nice integration with preexisting
> namespace-using Gambit code."
>
> This seems interesting. Is there a chat-log, blog or paper describing this?

As James has already answered, part of our IRC discussion is online.

> Also I kind of assume you have read or at least know of "Composable
> and Compilable Macros" by Flatt a good read when you put together a
> "syntactic tower".

I haven't known it; thanks for the hint, I've started reading it
yesterday but didn't get through yet.

BTW we have started a collection of relevant literature on the subject here:
http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/Module_System/Virtual_Library

We are aware that there's much information out there; the point is not
creating a comprehensive list here. We will list only what we have
decided that we are going to read (or have read already). Of course your
input will have an influence on what this will be.

Christian.