[gambit-list] Illegal character

Jeff Read bitwize at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 13:20:57 EDT 2008

Joel,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> It's as close to what's in the info file as I could get and include the
> relevant linking information.  Here's the Makefile:

Okay, instead of calling it "genxic.o" you're going to want to call it
"genxic.o1" or some other number for the 1.

The Gambit loader checks the file extension to see if it's a dynamic
library, and it appears to only recognize extensions which match the
regex /\.o[1-9][0-9]*/ as such. Otherwise it attempts to load the file
as a source file. That's why you're getting that funny error; it's
treating your binary file as a .scm file. :)

Beyond that, you don't want to give a dynamic library the .o
extension; that's reserved for object files which haven't gone through
the link phase yet.

--Jeff