[gambit-list] Illegal character

Joel J. Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Sun Jun 29 22:23:12 EDT 2008

"Jeff Read" <bitwize at gmail.com> writes:

> Joel,
>
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:
>

>> It definitely tries to load; it appears there's something wrong with the
>> file.
>>

> I'll say. It doesn't look like you're even producing a dynamic shared library.
>
> What procedure did you use to compile this?

It's as close to what's in the info file as I could get and include the
relevant linking information.  Here's the Makefile:

# a rudimentary Makefile for Gambit targets
GSC=/usr/local/Gambit-C/current/bin/gsc
LDOPTS=-g -L/usr/lib/gsl -lgslcblas -lgsl -lgambc
GAMBINC=-L../lib
CCOPTS=-I/usr/include
GAMBC=-I../include
GSCOPTS=-debug -track-scheme -warnings #-expansion
LINK=-link -flat
SRCS= srfi.scm gsl-genx.scm f64matrix.scm life-table.scm
COUT := $(SRCS:.scm=.c)

# make a loadable library
loadable:
	gsc $(LINK) -ld-options "$(LDOPTS)" $(GSCOPTS) -o genxic.o.c $(SRCS)
	gcc -shared -D___DYNAMIC $(GAMBC) $(GAMBINC) $(COUT) genxic.o.c -o genxic.o

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
(303) 880-3109