[gambit-list] Patching gambit to fix out of source build

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jun 26 14:33:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 03:58:05PM -0500, Nathan Thern wrote :
> I would be willing to further my work on patching configure.ac and the
> makefile.in's so gambit supports out-of-source builds and DESTDIR
> style installs. I can test on cygwin, RHEL, debian and solaris. I
> figure I'm about 1/3rd of the way there and I don't want to chew up
> any more of my time unless you are interested in accepting patches.
> Are you?

As the (new) maintainer of Gambit on FreeBSD, I would really enjoy we
work that out...

I believe that the wiki should be the right place to clearly define all
the options that we want to consider, such as where and how to install
everything. Plus, there are some constraints that appear only for
certain people:
- Some want to be able to have several versions of gambit installed
- gsi/gsc can conflict with ghostscript binaries
- Some operating systems have a strict hierarchy that has got to be
  stuck to.
- Emacs's site-lisp can be anywhere

So, yes I'm interested in helping (within the limits of my spare time).
Any VCS set up for the source modifications ?

Adrian

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)