[gambit-list] Patching gambit to fix out of source build

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jun 25 08:01:36 EDT 2008

Yes, I will accept patches.  The makefiles definitely need some
refactoring and proper support for DESTDIR.  But please keep it
clean.  To preserve a consistent layout of the makefiles (actually the
set of makefile.in) in the past I have used sed scripts to modify all
the makefiles together.  Obviously some file specific modifications
will be needed also.

Moreover, some people on this list (maintainers for different
packagings of Scheme) may be interested in contributing and I urge you
to work together on this so that everyone is happy.  We could
temporarily work in a new branch (forked off of 4.2.8) and when the
makefiles are satisfactory, we will apply the patches to the main
branch.

Marc