[gambit-list] Compiling gambit executable under cygwin...

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jun 2 11:38:51 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 12:30:31PM -0400, David St-Hilaire wrote :
> Hi all!

Hi!

>     gcc -mno-cygwin -I/home/admin/gambit-c/current/include
>     -L/home/admin/gambit-c/current/lib -L/lib/w32api -o space-invaders
>     opengl.o opengl-header.o glu.o glu-header.o glut.o glut-header.o
>     scm-lib.o rbtree.o ppm-reader.o event-simulation.o texture.o
>     sprite.o font.o coroutine.o engine.o user-interface-images.o
>     user-interface.o space-invaders_.o -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32
>     -lgambc -lutil

Recently, trying to compile a C program on a computer from the lab, we
realized that the order of the parameters *did* matter.

You might want to try writing a proper command (which also will be
compatible with most unices, unlike what Linux is, and perhaps cygwin),
somethinng like this one:

gcc
  -mno-cygwin
  -I/home/admin/gambit-c/current/include
  -L/home/admin/gambit-c/current/lib -L/lib/w32api
  -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lgambc -lutil
  opengl.o opengl-header.o glu.o glu-header.o glut.o glut-header.o
  scm-lib.o rbtree.o ppm-reader.o event-simulation.o texture.o
  sprite.o font.o coroutine.o engine.o user-interface-images.o
  user-interface.o space-invaders_.o
  -o space-invaders

Cheers,

P!
--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)