[gambit-list] Thinking of changing pp

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Mon Jun 2 09:34:10 EDT 2008

Marc Feeley wrote:
> I've thought about it some more and pp's status as a procedure is too
> valuable, so pp will stay as is.  So perhaps "debug" is the best
> name... it's just so long to type!

What about relying on case sensivity and using uppercase |PP| ? That
would also have the benefit that one could switch between the old and
new pp with the hit of a key (m-u and m-l in emacs).

Christian.

(BTW talking about emacs, I've long wanted an emacs procedure taking a
symbol string as argument which wraps the form at point with some other
form (putting the argument into the first position; so you could make a
keybinding which just wraps (foo  ) around the form (or region) at
point. foo being debug if you don't want to go case sensitive. Should be
easy enough but I'm not good in programming emacs.)