[gambit-list] Looking for an industrial partner for a research grant

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Feb 25 11:35:54 EST 2008

Dear Gambit users and MSLUG members,

I am planning to submit a substantial research grant proposal which
requires participation from industry.  The grant will have a direct
impact on the development of Gambit and related tools.  I am currently
looking for an industrial partner which can benefit from the project
and which can participate in the research.  The details of the
research proposal will be developed with the partner.  A cash
contribution is **not** required, but a real involvement is necessary
(for example: engineer's time to interact with the project members,
equipment donation (multicore, FPGAs, ...), salary/space for an
intern, etc).  It is necessary to demonstrate impact on the canadian
economy, so it is best if the partner is based in Canada or has a
canadian branch.

I am particularly interested in partners in the game industry
(Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, ...), in web technology (Google,
Amazon, ...), in embedded systems, telecommunication and hardware
(Intel, AMD, Xilinx, ...).

If you are interested please email me.  The proposal must be submitted
in a month an a half, so it is important to act soon.