[gambit-list] Namespaces

Joel J. Adamson jadamson at partners.org
Wed Feb 13 09:18:12 EST 2008

Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:

> At Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:10:02 -0500, Joel J. Adamson wrote:
>> Christian Jaeger <christian at pflanze.mine.nu> writes:

>> > I have not yet written any Snow package yet, so I can't tell how well
>> > that works for development (as opposed to distribution).
>>
>> Well, one of the reasons I switched from PLT Scheme was that PlaneT
>> packages did not seem a good fit for distribution: any user would have
>> to get PLT Scheme and PlaneT
>
> That's not the case for module-based programs. When you create a
> distribution (via DrScheme's "Create Executable" menu item or via `mzc
> --exe' plus `mzc --exe-dir'), then all needed binaries, libraries,
> Planet packages, etc., are assembled into the distribution. The end
> user of a distribution won't have to download anything else or connect
> to the Planet server.

Good to know; I guess I or the person who informed me otherwise had ill
communication.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.