[gambit-list] Hello World segfaults on me

Francisco Listas francisco.listas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:33:13 EST 2008

I am running Ubuntu 7.10, and I've just installed (using synaptic) Gambit-C.
To try my installation, I just wrote (in file hello.scm) this hello
world program:

(display "Hello World!\n")

Running:
	gsi hello.scm

Produces the expected output.

Running:
	gsc hello.scm

Produces hello.o1 executable file, but when I run it, a segfault occurs:
 ./hello.o1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If I run it with gdb:

(gdb) file hello.o1
Reading symbols from /home/fco/devel/scheme/hello.o1...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/fco/devel/scheme/hello.o1
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint

0x800003d6 in __do_global_dtors_aux ()

It fails in __do_global_dtors_aux()!, so it seems there is something wrong
with my toolchain, but I am using all the default Ubuntu 7.10 packages.
What I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,
FCo